GHG Protocol Corporate Standard Training
“Risk Management will soon become a ‘Hot Job’- Bloomberg”
Standout in this era of ever advancing Risks!
This training program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and methodologies used to compile a greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory for organizations. You will learn about the five principles that guide the Corporate Standard for GHG accounting, how these principles were developed, and how to apply them to your organization’s inventory. You will also explore the business goals of compiling a GHG inventory and the design considerations involved in setting organizational and operational boundaries. Additionally, you will gain knowledge on tracking emissions over time, identifying and calculating GHG emissions, and reporting GHG emissions effectively.
Here are some of the specific things you will learn in the training program:
- The five principles of GHG accounting
- How to set organizational and operational boundaries for a GHG inventory
- How to track emissions over time
- How to identify and calculate GHG emissions
- How to report GHG emissions effectively
- The 5 principles that guide the Corporate
- How the principles were developed
- How to apply the principles to your organization’s inventory
- The business goals of compiling a GHG Inventory
- How to determine which of your company’s operations to include in your inventory
- Two approaches to determine a company’s organizational boundaries
- Why an entity might choose one organization boundary approach over another
- Which sources of emissions to include in an inventory
- The difference between direct and indirect emissions
- How to classify emissions under Scopes 1, 2 and 3.
- How to prevent double-counting of emissions
- How to classify emissions from leased assets
- How to classify emissions from biomass Combustion.
- How to assess your company’s emissions trends
- How to choose a base year
- Why you may need to re-calculate base year emissions
- How to recalculate base year emissions
- How to identify and calculate emissions
- Where to find relevant emission factors
- How to choose which emission factors are most appropriate for your inventory
- How to choose global warming potential values
- Where to find helpful calculation tools
- How to combine emissions from all of your organization’s facilities
- Which information must be reported in a GHG inventory
- Which information may be reported optionally
- Emission reporting tips
- How to facilitate the interpretation of emissions data
- Stakeholders (Insurance, Creditors, lenders etc.)
- C-suite Management
- Professionals who lead or want to lead the sustainability reporting projects for their organization.
- Sustainability consultants and advisors
Date and Time:
- E-Learning – Virtual Cohort
- Facilities – recorded lessons available for up to 30 days
- Upcoming class date: Sept 13 & 14, 2023
- Course duration: 2-day program
- Credit hours: 8
- Timing: 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM (GMT +1) / 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM (GMT+3)
At the end of each Program we carry out a survey to ensure our participants receive the best of our services.
Participants will receive a successful course completion certificate subject to completion of post training quiz and assignment.
M. Owais Atta Siddiqui is a senior Risk Management professional and Corporate Trainer with the experience of working in 16 countries in all major regions of the world including Middle East, South Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Levant and North Africa. Mr. Owais is currently working as the Country Representative for one of the strategic arms of Islamic Development Bank. Prior to this, he was associated with PwC Pakistan in its Business and Risk Consulting department.